Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Archer is back!

Archer is back! And not a moment too soon. Truth be told, I've been missing him and the rest of the ISIS gang pretty badly. The season 4 premiere has, so far, been the high point of a relatively crappy week.

As happy as I was to see Duchess back in action, it was not a particularly strong episode. For some shows, that would worry me: have they lost the magic? But Archer has a history of getting better as the season moves forward, so I'm not worried. I'm just looking forward to next week.

Also premiering last night was Jim Jefferies' Legit.

It's anybody's guess just how long this show will last. To put it mildly, Jefferies' comedy is not for everyone. It actually surprises me that FX -- which recently agreed to purchase 90 (no that's not a typo) episodes of Charlie Sheen's sitcom Anger Management, so they're not exactly Merchant Ivory -- agreed to pick this one up.

But the first episode was very strong, based on one of Jefferies' best schticks: it's the story of how he took the brother of friend to a brothel so he could have sex, said brother being immobile for most of his life due to MS. It's a raunchy tale that touches the heart. There's not a lot of television that does that.

The question I have is: how is episode 2 ever going to top it?

No comments:

Post a Comment